7.05.2010

posting

I am actually going to post on my blog today, and I am literally being forced:)! Let me explain: my mom is here helping out this summer and she told me tonight that if I don't post tonight, I can forget dinner tomorrow for the family. I am not sure if she is serious or joking, so I will just not take any chances.

Well, here is the update for the last 7 months: we are all doing just fine. Life has been good and the boys are all happy and healthy. We are having a baby girl in a few weeks... sometime in August... and we are getting so excited to meet her. We are being hounded about a name by everyone we know and we are having trouble choosing one. PLEASE leave an idea in the comments if you have a favorite girl name... only rule is that it has to have existed before the last 20 years or so, so no new, cool names.

Jackson is finishing second grade and he had a great year. He did golf lessons in the winter and spring and had fun with it. He is getting tall and looking old, and has been so great helping out this last year whenever I have not been totally healthy. It is amazing to me how grown up he is sometimes.

Bennett just finished preschool and is excited to start kindergarten in a couple months. He played soccer in the spring and loved it, but wondered why the coach and other parents always yelled... I think I should start yelling at my kids so they are not so confused and thrown off in the real world.... I'll consider it. Bennett is still sweet and kind and so handsome.

Isaac is seriously funny. He is so excited about everything in life and is fun to raise. His main focus now is his new "baby sista" and he is all over her (aka: my belly) every chance he gets. He asked me the other day why my skin is "so, so, so white and his is just normal." I guess I could go outside more often :)! I also caught him praying with our little dog today and he was holding the dogs arms "folded" across the dogs chest. A reverent little pup.

Adam's job is still good and we feel lucky for that with so many people around us having trouble.

I think this is quite enough to warrant tomorrow night's dinner, so that is all for now!

15 comments:

Natalie said...

Your such a tease. :) I saw a new post on google reader and got so excited, but it looks like it is just a false alarm.

Stephanie said...

hooray britt! first post of 2010 you weirdo... wait, maybe you're the normal one?? :)

anyway, loved the update! and i am thoroughly impressed that you don't yell at your children. i don't yell at asher.... but.... poor ambrose. new july 2010 goal: yell at ambrose no more.

Our Mission said...

Great news and glad to see a recent picture of the boys. Hooray
for Betty; hope we see a little more in the coming months so keep prodding her Betty. Can't wait to see the little darling too!

Jessica F. said...

Best news EVER! Your boys are so dang cute, I cannot even imagine how adorable your girl is going to be!

I like Ruby and Joy. I also like Hope. Good luck picking... we will be anxiously awaiting to hear all about her!

kimball said...

I was shocked to see a post. I don't have a girl's name for you. How about Madge or Eunice? Keep up the good work. Dad

dannyhaley said...

Love your update post! I think you should use Wasel for you name, none of the cousins has used it yet! Hope you feel good, and all is well.

Katie said...

I've been meaning to call you every day for over a month now, but I keep getting distracted. Zoe and I want to come down and see you sometime soon! As for names, I love Molly (but I know that was a past pet's name), Elizabeth, Candice, Karalyn, Alison, Abigail, and Rachel. I could probably come up with more....let's get together soon!

The Bradfields said...

WOW! Man I just checked your blog yesterday and almost gave up and then dad mentioned you guys updated! YAY! Love the update! Thanks for prodding Betty :) I LOVE the name Adelyn (Zoey almost was an Adelyn)... not sure where I got it but I know its an older name and I have always loved it! Hope you are doing well. Wish I were closer so I could help out! WE LOVE YOU!

Hema and Becky said...

Hooray for an update! I can't even imagine how stinking cute your little girl will be. You guys have such darling kids! Really, you could name her anything and she will be perfect! Ashley mentioned you like Vela - I say use that if you want to! I love Amelia (grandma Wasel's middle name), Grace, Lyla and Camilla.

Erin said...

I am so happy for you! Good luck, names are really hard! We will be down there soon so maybe we can get together and play.

Katherine said...

I'm glad your mom pushed you - I hope you will post lots once your baby girl arrives - I can only imagine how beautiful she will be with those big dark eyes that your boys all have.
Names: Amelia, Charlotte, Grace

The Pixton Family said...

Congrats! I love Emma, Eliza, Amelia and Charlotte.

Fujitales said...

Okay,I don't think Dax gets to be the one to tell me you guys are having a girl, it just doesn't seem right, but all that aside-- CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so sad that I didn't get to be excited for you for the last 9 months, but I'm thrilled for you now!

I also gather that you guys bought a new house, that's great. So now you just need to bring that darling new baby up to meet her Japanese cousins!

Keep up the bloggage, it's my only form of keeping in contact with anybody, I'm terrible at that.

Keep us posted, and my name choices are Hazel, Betsy, Grace and Hope.

Luisa said...

Britt! I've been wondering about how you've been doing. It sounds like you're about to have her...I'm excited for you. Hope we can catch up soon:)

Roeckers said...

YAHOO!!
Umm, the old English names are back Adele, Adelaide, Adaline, Ada, Sophia, plain ol' Jane, Ruby...Good luck picking out names. That is always my favorite part of finding out the gender of the baby