12.21.2008

A Little Info on our Oldest Boy- JACKSON

Jackson is in first grade and his school is a year-round school.... and he is on track break. I actually really love to have him home with us. He does a lot of great things and is so smart and funny. Sometimes it is like there is an adult to talk to and then I remember that he is seven when he does something seven-year-oldish.
He gives Fifi the most care and attention and is the only one in the family with a slight dog allergy.



Jackson LOVES to read and is the top AR student in his class... I will not be explaining what AR is because I am not totally sure, but his teacher is very pleased with him and so are his parents.




These two boys (pictured here under green blankie) think that Jackson is quite a big deal! Bennett still calls him Gackson and I hope he never figures out that he is saying it wrong because it sounds so precious. Isaac calls him Dack which is kind of like Jack with a D or duck with and a.



Jackson got a Nintendo DS for getting diabetes in late September (no we did not intend to reward our children for autoimmune disease, but he was heartbroken and this distracted him) and this is a picture of one of the first days after he got his beloved DS. This is still the position I find these two boys in every morning until I force it closed and make everyone eat and brush their teeth. Bennett is totally satisfied watching. Kind of sad and kind of cute. The DS now makes me a little crazy sometimes because kids can't hear me when they are playing it, but don't think for a second I don't use it to keep people still and busy when it suits me.






7 comments:

Roeckers said...

What a beautiful tribute to all three of your boys! They are all so grown up!
I didn't realize Jackson was diagnosed with Diabetes. How did they catch that? Must have been a scary time for you. I hate to think things are wrong with my kids, and that it will be long term.

Natalie said...

Jackson is the best! Your other boys are so precious too. I love the pic of the DS playing and the serious looks. Tell Bennett that that is how Jason spends his life too- watching Zac play the DS, watching Zac play games on the computer, sometimes Zac lets him play the 64, but then Jason is crying the whole time because "Zac always wins" (said in a high-pitched whiny voice).

Amy said...

It was nice to see an update on your family. We moved out of the ward and haven't seen in you in forever!

vanessa said...

i love the picture of jackson very intently reading! i would treasure that forever!!! i miss you! when are you and heidi and i getting together for a girls weekend?

Stephanie said...

mom and i enjoyed looking at the serious expressions in the photos as well and we think bennett and isaac look really really grown up in that picture of just the two of them. i liked this tribute.

The Bradfields said...

I just love the pictures of the boys! I can't wait to come see you guys! It has been way too long! I love the picture of Jackson reading... and how fun to have someone to talk to like that!

Urmston Family said...

I love the pictures of the boys. HOpe you had a great christmas and 2009 is wonderful.