4.19.2011

Day One of Spring Break

We have no big plans this year for spring break. In fact, we have one car while our other is being fixed, and Adam has the one car at work with him! So we are super exciting! Yesterday we did a combination of cleaning the house and easter egg hunts. I must say that when there is no school, no scouts, no tennis, no baseball, and no chance to go to the store, we really get the house clean! Cleaning without interruptions is like a dream come true.




We had a good FHE to get ready to celebrate Easter. Once the kids were in bed I took the car and went to Walgreen's to do some couponing. I am trying to get good at the whole couponing thing so I can go on the show Extreme Couponing. Just kidding...... I just learned how to do it about 3 weeks ago and it is kind of fun and sometimes time-consuming. I'm giving it a few months before I decide if it's worth it.



Alli LOVED the Easter eggs. She has never been as content as she was yesterday in her whole life! She played by herself for over an hour. Just sat there picking up egg after egg, trying to shove it in her mouth. She never got frustrated by the fact that they wouldn't fit.... she'd just try the next one. There were like 200 so it kept her busy.




Here are some shots of the boys doing their laundry. Jackson does his own. Bennett does his mostly on his own. Isaac brings his down, puts it in the washer and switches it to the dryer. Now I'm teaching him to fold, and he puts his all away. Can you tell what job I hate the most? I'm pawning it off as quickly as I can!






















6 comments:

Sheena said...

Your kids are adorable! I love that they do their own laundry...that rocks! Alli looks absolutely adorable in the bunny ears amongst all those eggs! What a cute photo-op

Ashley said...

Cute little bunny girl! When can I teach Lincoln to do his own laundry? I love that!

dannyhaley said...

Alli is so adorable! I am impressed about your boys doing their own laundry, way to go! I want to know about your couponing system, tell me what you do.

marie said...

I love to see kids work (especially mine). Good for you Brittany. Teaching them to work is a whole lot of......work. Emry takes out the trash, mows the lawn and cleans the bathrooms (I hate bathrooms). I am kind of scared of what would happen if they did their own laundry.

Stephanie said...

We are all sitting in here together and love the easter Alli! Dad says: cute boys and girl. Mom says: Awwww and then chuckles. Thomas says: nothing, because he doesn't comment on the spot. I say: I love your kids and thanks for blogging! We love you.

Eliza said...

I love getting good deals! I've been out of the CVS/Walgreens game for a while, but just did it this week! Its so fun to see how much you can save!

LOVE Alli in the eggs!!!!!!

I really need to get my kids on some laundry detail! I just did 6 loads today. They do put them away, but I do everything else. Argh!

Hooray for lazy days! We had two p.j. days already this week! :)