2.26.2009

Sweet Jackson

When I clean out our house (not often enough), I give the bags of stuff to a place here called Safe Nest. It is a shelter for women and children. The main reason I give to them is because you just call, leave the bags or boxes on the driveway, and they pick up.

So this morning, I was talking to Jackson about legos, and he was telling me that he wanted to buy a certain lego set. He has changed his mind a hundred times on which one he wants, of course, but this time it is some sort of sand crawler. His money from diabetes research is his to choose with, meaning, we told him that he can decide what to do with it. He decided to buy one lego set and save the rest for his mission.... what a good boy.

Well, after he told me about the sand crawler, I said: "and then the rest is for your mission?"
And he said: "no, I think I will give some to that place where moms and kids go if their dad goes nuts and stuff."

I love this kid... I don't even remember him asking about Safe Nest, but he pays attention and thinks things through. What a sweet boy.

And by the way, he thinks that his $50 a month from the hospital is equivalent to millions I guess since he is being a philanthropist with a portion of it! :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I almost cried when I read that. He is just the sweetest boy.

Stephanie said...

i had to read this aloud to thomas- this is my favorite jackson story ever! he is such a good good boy. good job on raising him right britt. :)

Carrie said...

I hope my two boys turn out like yours! That is the most endearing and sweet thing I've ever heard. If you ever want to do a guest post on Stephanie's blog about how to raise boys to turn out like this, I'd love it.

I'm not stalking you, by the way. Your sis linked us here so I'm legit! :)

Jessica F. said...

That is about the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Your boys are so sweet. You are a great mom!

Hema and Becky said...

It is true, you are a great mommy! What a sweet boy. That is a precious story!

Natalie said...

Cute little Jackson! He has always been a little bit more wise than he should be. :-)