2.08.2009

This boy is so precious.... I am freaking out every day over him!
I seriously can't get enough of him. Every time I have a 2-year-old I feel this way, they are just the best age. Still so chubby and sweet. Talking so cute and so in love with momma still.



(excuse this picture of me- thrashed after a day of church without dad-naptime!)


Here are a few of the things Isaac loves right now:


My parents brought us a set of nesting dolls from their cruise to Alaska a couple of years ago and Isaac has discovered them and loves them. He plays with them ALL the timel. He calls the big one daddy and the next one mommy, then each of the little girl dolls (there are three) are him and his brothers. It is his version of playing house. They talk to eachother and lay down and go night night. My other boys didn't play like this and I love it!

His cowboy boots... even with his pajamas. Makes sense, afterall, his middle name is Hawkins and his great-grandpa Hawkins was a real cowboy.


His cowboy shirt which he gets out every time it is clean and goes around yelling "horse!" until I put it on him. Thank goodness his favorite shirt is cute. Usually kids pick the tacky hand-me-down shirt that you have to hide from them to be their favorite.

His dad. This boy LOVES Adam. He will always choose him over mom and that is great! From the second Adam gets home from work until bedtime, he is glued to Adam. And, with good reason, because Adam is so fun and loves Isaac so much too. It is pretty cute!


All things football... including these football pajamas. We actually happen to have two of the same pair his size. I guess they were on sale somewhere when Jackson was 2 years old, since all his pajamas are from Jackson. He actually loves all sports things... basketball, soccer, baseball, football.... he doesn't really care. He is such a perfect little boy. We love him.

10 comments:

Amy said...

It really is a cute age. The older they get the more I enjoy it! He is too cute!

Roeckers said...

I must agree with the two year old thing! I love this stage. Rainey is so stinkin cute as he tries to say the big words his siblings can say. I love to see the differences and similarities between each of my children as they begin to figure out who they want to be. You have some of the cutest boys, I have the rest ;P

Stephanie said...

britt! i dont think you look thrashed in that picture- you're lookin hot girl! for real.

anyway, i also have to agree, ambrose is almost two and although he definitely gives me a run for my money sometimes i am loving that he continues to be expremely cuddly and in love with his mama.

i love the picture of adam hugging isaac- so precious!

i wanna hang out with you guys!

Katie said...

That weird, because MY two year old, is driving us all crazy! She whines,like ALL DAY. And the talking, oh, the non-stop talking-that's why binkies were invented, right? I still wouldn't trade her for anything in the world though, they are still really cute!

Jessica F. said...

What a cutie! I just cannot even imagine little Sterling as a 2 year old but I feel like it is just around the corner!!!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Hey I was just on facebook and a friend was tagged in someone's album (a Scout Court of Honor album) and one of the people in the picture was tagged Stephanie Pollei Blad... I thought it sounded familiar!

Natalie said...

I love 2 years old also. Their mom's never believe me- but someday when they don't have one they will remember how cute that age is. Isaac is so precious. Make sure you bring his boots when you come out. :-)

The Smith Family said...

He is so cute. It really is a fun age. My son is still in the terror stage but it is still fun. Do you remember Heidi from Ricks? I swear I saw her at Disneyland last week. I was going to try to talk to her but we lost her. Funny huh?

Brittany said...

Hey Cara- Heidi lives right by me and she looks EXACTLY the same. She has 4 little girls and they are so cute. I bet it was her... I will ask her if she was at Disneyland.
Brandi- that is so funny. I haven't heard that name in years. Hope she is doing good:)

laura said...

I love this post on 2 year olds. I do think Blake is hilarious and love his cuddling- but his constant talking, OOOOHHHH the talking. All day, every day. It is crazy. My friend just babysat him yesterday and told me that she had to put him outside so she could have quiet for a minute. And by the way, you look beautiful in that picture.