4.19.2009

Spring Break

We went to Utah for Spring Break this year and it was so much fun! Thank you to my parents for transporting 4 extra people and helping out with Isaac A LOT. He is a cute and whiney boy on vacation. We had so much fun and especially got to spend some time with Grandma Hill and Grandpa Hawkins and other family members that we don't get to see enough. It was so great!
Grandma Hill has had some serious health problems in the last few months and so I expected her to be a lot different and I was wrong! She was just the same (except that we really had to make her stay sitting and not get up and do things). She was happy and upbeat and fun like she has always been, and my kids just loved her!

These two got along great (thankfully).





Here we are with my cousin Haley who we met up with at the Dinosaur Museum.




Cute little Bennett


Here is my dad with his dad at the Cracker Barrell.

Grandpa Hawkins has always been one of my favorite people. He has not been feeling well for a while and I loved getting to see him and talk to him. He is such a sweet man.







This horse was so nice to us. He would follow us up and down the road when we walked next to the area by his fence. The kids just loved him. He would sniff the boys' heads when they got close and they laughed so hard.















Taking turns on the swing.




This swing became a Star Wars game... not really sure how that happened, but these two boys were really into it.















Isaac was on this rockinghorse for about 20 minutes at a time.








My Grandpa Hawkins lives on my Uncle Davey J's farm and my boys LOVED the farm. There was really only one day of beautiful weather, but they played so hard that day! Jackson asked why we don't live on a farm... and he was serious! Just wondering :)....... I had to break the news to him that everyone wants to live on a farm but hardly anyone gets to. That life is meant for little boys. They were just in HEAVEN.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! I would have loved to see how the swing became a Star Wars game :)

Natalie said...

I loved getting to see grandma and grandpa. Looks like a lot of fun. That is great that you got to see Haley! I always wish that we (specifically Zac) lived on a farm too when I hear about Brody's childhood. Boys thrive there.

dannyhaley said...

Your trip looks so fun! It was great to see you, and your cute boys. I wish you lived closer.

Jessica F. said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait till little Sterling Henry gets old enough to appreciate how fun the farm is.

I am sorry to hear about your grandma Hill. I am sure she loved seeing your adorable boys!

Marcus Lane said...

grandpa loves cracker barrrell. i think he easya there at least 2X a week...seriously!
I think pat and i are taking him tomorrow actually.

Brittany said...

if you want to eat something really good (and risk having a heart attack) I got the best thing. i think it is like a broccoli chicken cheese hashbrown skillet. it was so good.