4.27.2009

A Happy Morning

This is one of the best mornings we have had in a long time mainly because everyone got enough sleep. It was Isaac's first night in his new big boy bed... funny story with that.

We were wanting to get him a car bed for a little while. On Saturday morning (after a difficult night with him) I found a car toddler bed on Craig's list to buy. We were supposed to pick it up from the lady on the way to Jackson's football game and Bennett's soccer game. Halfway there we realized we forgot Jackson's flags and mouthguard. So we went home and I called the lady and told her we would be there after our games. At the game I happened to mention to my friend Jill Smith that we were getting Isaac a car bed after the game. She said she had that exact bed in her storage unit that she would just give us. Isn't that funny? We almost bought it before the game... being kind of disorganized and forgetting things sometimes pays off! Thank you SO much Smiths... you guys are too nice.

So last night we put little Isaac lovingly to bed with everything in his room safe and comfortable... then we locked the door from the outside... and left him to figure it right out for himself. He did great! He cried a little bit and knocked on the door a little, then he went to his bed and went to sleep. This morning at 5:00am he tried again to come out and when no one responded for about 15 minutes... miracle of miracles... he got back in bed and went to sleep until 7:15. If you know this kid, you know that this is a miracle. He just needed some boundaries.


And he is actually a lot happier for it! So, hopefully this ends the Isaac not sleeping, getting out of bed, acting like he is magic and opening every lock, door, cupboard, drawer, etc.... okay I am getting carried away. He still will climb and jump off of everything and be a wild boy, but I am hoping he will be well rested and so will I!




5 comments:

Stephanie said...

hooray brittany!!!! i am so happy for you and that is cool that your friend just happened to have that same bed.

that happened to me at the playground a couple of weeks back. my friend was asking me about what kind of double stroller i wanted to get once the new baby came and i told her and this mom overheard me and said, "sorry, i couldnt help but hear you and i have that exact stroller that i have been trying to give away to someone who wants it."

pretty sweet!

Hema and Becky said...

I think I might start mentionong stuff I need when a crowd is around!! You know lots of money, a mini van, some more kids.... who know what might happen! I am so happy for you that he slept well. I think sleep is the difference between nice and grouchy for everyone. Moms and kids need it equally. Yeah for you and Isaac.

Jill Smith said...

Yay!!! So glad he did so well the first night! That really is a miracle. Cheers to you and to better sleep for all!

Marcus Lane said...

hey do they sell those in king bed size?

i want one!

Luisa said...

That's so funny that this was your post because I was just thinking today about the net you had on his pack n play and how I would get one of those if Jake starts climbing out of his crib. But I'm glad your locking the door technique worked. I'm excited to see you Friday...should be fun. The play looked good last weekend...I was hanging out with your mom in line:) See you soon!