6.19.2009

3 Things.....

1. We just had an enrichment meeting last night about grocery smarts and couponing. It is a system where you use the sales at stores combined with manufacture coupons and get groceries really, REALLY cheap. Does anyone do this? I am thinking about trying it out but don't want to waste my time if it doesn't really make a difference. I'll let you know how it goes.

2. I woke up this morning and talked with Isaac in my bed for a while (he is SO cute in the morning), then I went downstairs to make breakfast and left him in my room watching Diego. Isaac came down when it was over to eat. I then went back upstairs to a separate bathroom and took a nice shower, then went to my room to get dressed only to find that the door was locked from the inside. This door knob has NO key and this has never happened. So, there I was in my towel with no clothes to wear or anything! It was 8am and we leave to take Jackson to school at 8:45, and I still had to get the kids dressed and make J's lunch. Oh dear. To make a long story short, I ended up wearing just exactly what I had slept in and taking Jackson to school. Don't worry we didn't walk him up, we did drop off. And, it only took me 30 minutes to figure out how to disassemble the doorknob, unlock it, and then reassemble it without pushing through the other side.... yeah.

3. I get to hold Stephanie's baby in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahahaha! one sleepy pregnant morning when it was just me and amby home ichanged his poopy diaper and promptly took it to the outside trash... without my bra on - but i figured it was just a quick jaunt over to the trash and then i would be back in without any neighbors examining my t-shirt closely..... i thought ambrose was happily playing in his room..... then as i turn from the trash to dash back to the door.... i hear a loud slam and a click....

ambrose locked me out and him in and no other doors were unlocked...

it took 15 minutes of some high pitched voice coaching for him to unlock the door and let me back in!!! im sure all the neighbors were clued in by then!!!!

and yes- we are so excited!! less than two weeks!!!!

dannyhaley said...

I love that you disassembled the door knob, what a tricky guy Isaac is!

I don't know a lot of the grocery coupon stuff, but I would love to learn more.

The Bennetts said...

We do the couponing, and we save tons of money. It is very worth it! Lots of food for very little!

Katie said...

YES - I use grocery smarts and I think it's great. I have found things about couponing that are totally worth my time and other things that aren't. Call me and I'll tell you what works for me. Also, I get tons of coupons (like for diapers and kid stuff) that I never use - tell me which ones you want me to save for you!

The Bradfields said...

Hey we do some couponing and the combination is CRAZY! We get so much free stuff or really cheap cheap stuff that we actually use. Let's talk soon!

Danielle said...

i agree I do the coupon thing and it saves a ton of money -

sorry - let me introduce myself LOL

my name is danielle and I found your blog through katie - I used to babysit her way way back in the day LOL when they lived in our ward in sac/ carmichael -

sorry to hijack your blog i just wanted you to know that it is so worth trying the coupon thing it works and has totally helped me stock up on things that we eat normally for food storage

cute kids!

Natalie said...

1. Thought about it, but never had the energy to go any further. Let me know what you think.

2. SO FUNNY- we all have to have a getting locked out story.

3. I am so jealous you will get to before me. :-)