6.15.2009

Third Child Syndrome




I keep having moments of realizing that we are not doing the same things with Isaac as we did with Jackson and Bennett. I always have thought that I want to have a big family but not so big that I can't follow through in raising all the kids the same, generally. Well, apparently that happens for me at 3 kids. We are always wondering why Isaac is doing something and then remembering that by this age we were more strict with the other two and that is why they were easier and more well-behaved. So, this week I have cracked down on this 2 1/2 year old boy (sounds worse than it really is) and it is working! Surprise, surprise- kids do respond well to boundaries and rules and follow-through. Maybe 3 kids is a big family......
p.s. go check jackson's blog for a cool video!

5 comments:

Lisah said...

Brittany, you are so funny! I love reading your blog posts because you ALWAYS make me laugh! Your kids are so cute!!! YOu should see how spoiled my little girl Chayse is. It is BAD especially since she is only 16 months. I better crack the whip NOW

dannyhaley said...

I love your blog, so cute!

I do the same thing with my Isaac. We all still think of him as such a baby, yet he is almost 16months old and still not walking, or talking at all. Oh well, hopefully the third kids will turn out normal?!

Stephanie said...

grab that third child and promptly kiss his cheeks for me!!!!!!!

Hema and Becky said...

This made me laugh. How do you ever really so everything the same for all the kids? I do think that the babies then to get a bit of spoiling!

kimball said...

I love it that Brittany is blogging. Can't wait to see the Greene family next week.