1.24.2009

I love technology

And I don't mean to sound like Kip. I just think all the time about where we would be without medical technology, research, smart people, etc...


Jackson and I went to the LA Children's Hospital yesterday and he played his DS so much that he is playing it in every picture.
Riding the tram at the airport.

On the plane going there.

Getting drugs.


In the taxi (there and back).



In the plane coming home.
There is a game that Bayer is developing for diabetic kids that hooks the blood checker to the Nintendo DS and you get points depending on how good your blood sugars have been. It is so cool! Jackson got to be one of the test kids and he loved it. He played it for hours and then the nurse asked him questions about it. He hopes it is on the market soon!





4 comments:

Stephanie said...

that is really really cool! i will have to tell my sister-in-law about this (maybe i'll just send her a link to your blog if you dont mind)- all her kids that are old enough have a DS.

Jill Smith said...

Brittany, I love to see your blog and feel like I know a little bit about what's going on with you guys. We miss you guys so much and I'm so glad Jackson has a DS to keep him occupied during these "fun" trips to LA. Let me know if you ever need any help with the kids while you travel to and fro. I like the Kip comparison :)

bettyjh said...

How cool is that? I am so grateful for every dollar that is being spent on research and quality of life improvements for juvenile diabetes!

The Pixton Family said...

That is so cool! Give your cute boys a hug for me.