1.02.2009

The Re-Training of Someone

Now, I won't say who... but someone in our family has taken to using his clothing as a toilet. Nevermind the hassle of going into a bathroom and using the facility there, just relax and go wherever you are so you aren't interrupted with silly bodily functions.
Someone else will clean up after you and do laundry non-stop.
No, really, just keep playing.
Ok- so I have totally reached my limit with whatever is going on with him. We started today the re-potty-training at age 4 1/2. I was wondering if there was a medical problem because it was getting so ridiculous, but it turns out it is just his personality. :) Great.
So every time he goes potty and has dry underwear he gets a starburst... and so far he has a perfect record.
I guess he is just human and has to have a reward for everything. Whatever works!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

lately ambrose has been saying "boops" when he has a poop or needs to and i feel like... oh great, when he tells me that he needs to... does this mean i HAVE to take him in and let him pretend to use the toilet on the off chance that he might actually poop in there????

sigh. im too lazzy for that.

i've done it a couple of times, but he just ends up sitting for a second and then saying "stuck" and then i take him off and he poops in his diaper...

so... i think i am going to start ignoring him when he says, "boops."

Katie said...

That totally sucks. Hope he gets "re-trained" very soon.

laura said...

Hahahah. I'm sorry to laugh, but misery loves company. When people ask how long it took me to potty train Kea, I say, "We started at 2 1/2 and we're still working on it." It's that 2nd child, relaxed personality. The weird thing is, she has NEVER wet the bed. It's only in the day when she doesn't want to be bothered. Especially when she is outside or laughing. Good luck to you, and let me know if you find something that works.

Marcus Lane said...

now thats funny!

Roeckers said...

Both Daniel and the neighbor boy have been doing this very same thing lately. It stinks. We have one absolutely perfect week and another where we have to do the midnight run with him to assure a dry bed in the morning. I don't understand! He will play in it like nothing is wrong too until I find him and we have our little pep talk.
sound like you have the magical cure maybe I need to try incentives!

Ashley said...

Oh Bennett! He is the cutest boy in the world.

Erin said...

The roller skates totally make the outfit! Hopefully it's just a stage and will pass quickly!