10.11.2009

Game Day

I never usually blog about the kids sports because they are always in some sport and it seems boring for other people... but this is ALL we are doing lately so I figured it's better to blog about this than nothing:)!
We put our cute boys in the same league this time, but different sports, and they both ended up being the orange team... total coincidence! Both of them did well and had a lot of fun for the most part.

Bennett before the game. He was REALLY excited.

Jackson before his game and he was excited too but playing it cool.


Here is Bennett in the dugout waiting to bat. His main concern was the snacks... they had orange slices in the dugout and suddenly he LOVED oranges. Ate like 50. At home, he complains if I cut up an orange for him.

Here is Jackson's team after the game. There is one person missing because they left right when the game was over. Jackson did so well for his first real basketball game ever. Adam was his coach and he did a great job. All the team members were happy and had fun and they actually did a lot better than Adam and I had expected! I took pictures during the game but they are all too dark since we were in the gym... I guess I had the camera on the wrong setting.

Here is Bennett running in to home plate. They had the coach pitch to each player and if they couldn't hit in 4 tries, they got the T out and used that instead. Bennett smacked the coaches pitch every time. He did great!


6 comments:

Natalie said...

I don't think kids sports posts are boring because that is all we are doing sometimes too. I love the story about Bennett and the oranges. I am happy to report that my middle child (Bennett's twin in love of food) has finally outgrown that a little bit. I remember though driving to a game her first year and saying "Are you excited?" and she said "I wonder what we are going to get for a snack. I hope they have M&M's".

dannyhaley said...

I love to read posts about kids sports, because that's what everyone is doing! They are too cute in their uniforms. Jackson and Bennett are looking so grown up, I bet they are really good athletes.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I also don't think it is boring! You know we are not sporty people but I feel like I am staring into my future anyway so I am eating this up. I love the excited and excited/playing it cool pictures too! And the story about Ben eating all those oranges made me laugh too because I was the same way. I really think I only played soccer for the half time snacks and capri suns.

Roeckers said...

Love it!! I can't imagine what I am going to do in the spring with two kids in sports and having games! How do you manage?! Liza's soccer twice a week and games seem to be enough for us.
Isn't it wonderful what peers can do. I love school lunches for that reason. Liza eats so many more things now!

Erin said...

I love Bennett in his uniform! Cami was very excited to see pictures of him too. Your life sounds like mine, consumed by kids activities! So fun.

Ashley said...

I love your little athletic kids. I want to come down there and attend some of their games.