5.31.2009

Jackson is 8

We had a good time celebrating Jackson's 8th birthday! Friday he went to school and had a great day and then Saturday morning we took some friends from church to see the new 3D movie UP which was great too.

I must say that his two sweet little brothers had a little trouble on Friday with jealousy and I still don't know why. We have never noticed that with the kids before. Isaac hugged him while he opened his presents and Bennett never smiled.


Here he is with his friends at the theater.



Notice Bennett's face here... that was his smile.


I always let my kids say what kind of a cake they want and then I do my best to make it happen. We've done Scooby-Doo, Star Wars, Thomas the Train, a robot, a train with different cars, a truck, a snowman, corn-on-the-cob, army guys in jails with pirates gold coins... that is all I think. Anyway, Jackson wanted a shark eating a fish. That was the request, so this was it. We added lego guys in a lego boat doing a little fishing at the top.



7 comments:

Stephanie said...

so many things to love about this post- the friends at the movies sitting boy/girl for the picture, the jealous little brothers, the awesome cake (i have NEVER ever made a creative cake... it intimidates me... where do i start??) and of course the list of cakes past because i feel i remember most of them. my favorite of all time would have to be corn on the cob for sure!

Roeckers said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! The grand ol' age of 8!
Looks like he had a good time.
Good job on the cake. I always let my kids suggest but tend to lead them to something I am more comfortable making. You are much better in that respect than I am!

Natalie said...

It looks like a great time! Your cake is awesome. Jason keeps saying he wants a NASCAR cake and I told him that maybe if aunt Brittany came he could have one. ;-)

We have the jealousy problem every birthday. I loved Bennetts facial expression!

Ashley said...

I love that was the cake that he picked this year. The boys all look so cute and I can't wait to see them this weekend.

PS: My word verification is Woging. Which I think sounds like a person with a speech impediment saying bloging.

dannyhaley said...

Wow,what a fun birthday! I can't believe he is 8 already!

I love the cake, you are so creative! I will call you for future ideas of cakes. How's the house hunting going?

Hema and Becky said...

Wow, I cna't believe he is already 8. You are very talented with the cakes. Little Hema saw the cake and loved it. He said he wants on for his birthday - which is August 12th - think you could arrange to be her and make one?? :)

The Pixton Family said...

Love the cake! Looks like a fun day.