5.27.2009

Long Game Nights with Ben

Tonight I let Bennett stay up with me and watch me fold laundry while his brothers went to bed on time. He always goes to bed early with them and falls asleep about and hour after them and I feel bored for him every night. He talked my ear off and made up a fun game with the pieces of connect four... it was one of those games where the rules keep changing and getting added on as you go. I was constantly being corrected because I could not keep track of all the changing details. It included an invisible dice that I would have to throw up in the air and then he would tell me what number I got, and once I got a 7, so that was wonderful. When I finally made him go to bed, he told me he wanted a gun. I am not anti-gun by the way... I think they are fine. I asked him why and he said he would shoot a million holes in the ground and then throw flower seeds in all the holes. I told him it would be soooo cool! And he said "no mom, it would be so beautiful." He is so great.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

He is seriously so great! I love these stories. Does he still sleep in late? Anyway, very cute.

Roeckers said...

Journal entries right there!
Sounds like a fun evening. I love to switch up the routine from time to time like that. Bennett must have felt so special after that one on one fun time!

Ashley said...

I love him so much.